The Commonwealth Iconoclast

A site dedicated to covering issues relevant to the Commonwealth of Virginia, and nation at large, plus other interesting things too, as I see fit...

Saturday, April 15, 2006

I-81 Corridor Improvement Study


Public Hearing April 19, 2006
Turner Ashby High School.
Public Hearing and Open House 5 to 8 pm.
Registration begins at 4 pm.





Top I-81 Corridor, VA Cameras

6:15pm update:
Ideas from former Governor Jerry Baliles
and
former Commissioner of VDOT Phil Shucet regarding transportation.

(thanks to Jim Bacon for posting these in Sept. '05)

1 Comments:

  • At 4/19/2006 12:26 AM, Blogger Linda said…

    I agree with the overall philosophy of SVN. I would add that the Dial 511 system on I-81 could be expanded to help traffic flow. For example, additional electronic signs warning of traffic problems ahead, posters (even web broadcasts) in numerous service stations and restaurants along the highway, and eye-catching ads in tourist publications and websites to publicize 511.

    BTW, I moved to Shenandoah County from Northern Virginia, and I-81 on a bad day is better than I-95 on a good day. The beauty and historic resources of the Valley should not be sacrificed.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home