The Commonwealth Iconoclast

A site dedicated to covering issues relevant to the Commonwealth of Virginia, and nation at large, plus other interesting things too, as I see fit...

Friday, February 10, 2006

Oh, The Webb We Weave


It's been a while since my last post. I won't bore you (oops too late) with a list of topics I had wanted to post about. I do want to express how pleased I am the James Webb is running for Senate. As I posted previously, Webb is a former Navel Academy grad, Marine, Vietnam Vet (highly decorated) and former Secretary of the Navy during the Reagan Administration. Some might ask why is a Democrat so happy about a Reagan official running for Senate. To this I answer, I am a Virgnia Democrat and we must remember the Virginia political motto: "Virginia, where Democrats are Republicans and Republicans are crazy!"

Fact is, I think partisanship is killing America. We need to look for reasonable leaders who are focused on solutions to problems and not ideology. Frankly, I really don't care whether the government or private enterprise solves problems, I just want want people to have jobs, healthcare and a place to live. So a Reagan appointee running as a Democrat is fine with me.

There are already rumblings that Webb cannot win the nomination because he endorse Allen over Robb six years ago. While I disagree with that decision, I believe it gives him some credibility to attack Allen as a disappointment.

I encourage Democrats, Independents and open-minded Republicans to support James Webb and help send real leadership to Washington.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home