The Commonwealth Iconoclast

A site dedicated to covering issues relevant to the Commonwealth of Virginia, and nation at large, plus other interesting things too, as I see fit...

Monday, November 28, 2005

Merck To Cut 7,000 Jobs

How this will affect the Elkton plant is unknown. No announce was made regarding which manufacturing plants would close or lose jobs. Merck is facing the triple threat of Zocor losing its patent, Vioxx litigation and an unimpressive pipeline of new drugs. Merck stock dropped on the news.

2 Comments:

  • At 11/29/2005 8:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Maybe the cost of housing will now start to decrese in the Elkton area?

    This is bad news, but hardly a surprise.

     
  • At 2/17/2009 5:28 AM, Anonymous Zocor Prescription Medication said…

    My name is Wendy Rosko and i would like to show you my personal experience with Zocor.

    I am 60 years old. Have been on Zocor for 8 days now. MD stopped med when I reported muscle pain and sent me for a blood test to measure muscle inflamation. Off med for 2 days and still having muscle cramps in arms and legs. No generalized aching.

    I have experienced some of these side effects -
    had leg cramps which I didn't realize were a side effect. On day 8 I woke up feeling as if I had the flu - bad muscle aches and cramps.

    I hope this information will be useful to others,
    Wendy Rosko

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home